- Information we may collect from you
- Uses made of your information
- Information sharing
- Public forums
- External links
- Payment processing
- Storage of your information
- Your rights
- Contacting us
This is the privacy and cookies policy for basestone.io (Site) and each of our web and mobile applications that we make available from time to time (Applications). The Site is operated, and the Applications are provided, by Blue Ronin Ltd, trading as BaseStone (we, us and our). For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, we are the data controller.
We are committed to protecting your privacy on-line. We appreciate that you do not want the personal information you provide to us distributed indiscriminately and here we explain how we collect information, what we do with it and what controls you have.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- information (such as your name, email address, postal address and telephone number) that you provide by completing forms on the Site or any Application, including if you register as a user of the Site or any Application, create an account, subscribe to any service, upload or submit any material via the Site or any Application, request any information, or enter into any competition or promotion we may sponsor;
- in connection with an account sign-in facility, your log-in and password details;
- details of any payment transactions made by you through the Site or any Application;
communications you send to us, for example to report a problem or to submit queries, concerns or comments regarding the Site or any Application or its content;
- or information from surveys that we may, from time to time, run on the Site or any Application for research purposes, if you choose to respond to, or participate in, them.
- You are under no obligation to provide any such information. However, if you should choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with certain services.
When you visit the Site or access or use any Application, we may automatically collect additional information about you, such as the type of internet browser or mobile device you use, any website from which you have come to the Site and your IP address (the unique address which identifies your computer or mobile device on the internet) and your operating system, which are automatically recognised by our web server. You cannot be identified from this information and it is only used to assist us in providing an effective service on the Site or Application and to collect broad demographic information for aggregate use.
If you use functionality within any Application to send a link to content you have submitted via the Site or any Application and the recipient is not yet an Application user or does not yet have an account with us, we may use the contact details you provide to email that person to let them know about our products and services which may be of interest or to ask them for feedback so that we can improve our products and services. We may also, from time to time, run referral programmes or similar initiatives, such as a “Tell a Friend” programme, that invite you to provide us with contact details of someone who is known to you who may find our products or services of interest.
We will only use other people’s contact details that we obtain from you for the stated purpose (and never for general marketing purposes). By sending links to other people from within any Application or by otherwise providing us with their contact details, you confirm that you have their permission to do so and to let us use their contact details to contact them for the purpose explained above and you must not send links to, or otherwise provide us with contact details of, anyone from whom you do not have such permission. We reserve the right to identify you as the person from whom we obtained their contact details in any email we send to them.
When you interact with the Site or any Application, we try to make that experience simple and meaningful. When you visit our Site or access or use any Application, our Web server sends a cookie to your browser. Cookies are small pieces of information which are issued to your computer or mobile device (as the case may be) when you visit a website or access or use a mobile application and which store and sometimes track information about your use of the Site or Application (as the case may be). A number of cookies we use last only for the duration of your web or Application session and expire when you close your browser or exit the Application. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the Site or Application and will last for longer.
- remember that you have visited us before; this means we can identify the number of unique visitors we receive. This allows us to make sure we have enough capacity for the number of users that we get;
- customise elements of the promotional layout and/or content of the pages of the Site or Application;
- collect anonymous statistical information about how you use the Site or Application (including how long you spend on the Site or Application) and where you have come to the Site or Application from, so that we can improve the Site and learn which parts of the Site and which functions of the Application are most popular with users;
- and Some of the cookies used by the Site are set by us, and some are set by third parties who are delivering services on our behalf.
Most web and mobile device browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser or mobile device. Please note, however, that by blocking or deleting cookies used on the Site or Application, you may not be able to take full advantage of the Site or Application (as the case may be).
For detailed information see About Cookies
In addition to cookies, tracking Gifs may be set by us or third parties in respect of your use of the Site or Application. Tracking Gifs are small image files within the content of the Site or Application or the body of our newsletters so we or third parties can understand parts of the Site are visited and which functions of the Application are used and whether particular content is of interest.
Uses made of your information
We will use the information you provide to:
- enable us to provide you with the services and information offered through the Site or Application and which you request;
- administer your account with us;
verify and carry out financial transactions in relation to payments you make online;
- audit the downloading of data from the Site or Application;
- improve the layout and/or content of the pages of the Site or Application and customise them for users;
- identify visitors to the Site or Application;
- carry out research on our users’ demographics and tracking of sales data;
- send you information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us, including information about our products and services or those of carefully selected third parties, provided you have indicated that you do not object to being contacted for these purposes.
We may disclose aggregate statistics about visitors to the Site, users of the Applications, customers and sales in order to describe our services to prospective partners, advertisers, sponsors and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifiable information.
We may disclose your personal information to any of our affiliates, or to our agents or contractors who assist us in providing the services we offer through the Site or Application, processing transactions, fulfilling requests for information, receiving and sending communications, updating marketing lists, analysing data, providing support services or in other tasks, from time to time. Our agents and contractors will only use your information to the extent necessary to perform their functions.
In the event that we undergo re-organisation or are sold to a third party, you agree that any personal information we hold about you may be transferred to that re-organised entity or third party.
We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is necessary to prevent fraud or cyber crime or to protect the Site or any Application or the rights, property or personal safety of any person.
The Site may, from time to time, make chat rooms, message boards, news groups and/or other public forums available to its users. Any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when using these and never disclose your personal information.
The Site and Applications may, from time to time, contain links to external sites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such sites.
We place great importance on the security of all personally identifiable information associated with our users. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control. For example, our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorised personnel have access to personal information. Whilst we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of information will never occur, we use all reasonable efforts to prevent it.
You should bear in mind that submission of information over the internet is never entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of information you submit via the Site or any Application whilst it is in transit over the internet and any such submission is at your own risk.
It is advisable to close your browser when you have finished your user session to help ensure others do not access your personal information if you use a shared computer or a computer in a public place.
Storage of your information
Information that you submit via the Site or any Application is sent to and stored on secure servers located in the Republic of Ireland. This is necessary in order to process the information. Information submitted by you may be transferred by us to our other offices and/or to the third parties mentioned in the circumstances described above (see Information sharing), which may be situated outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and may be processed by staff operating outside the EEA. The countries concerned may not have similar data protection laws to the EEA. Where we transfer your information we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected. By submitting information via the Site or any Application, you agree to this storing, processing and/or transfer.
You have a legal right under the Data Protection Act 1998 to a copy of all the personal information about you held by us. On request, we will provide you with a copy of this information. You also have a right to correct any errors in that information. As mentioned above, you have a right to prevent the use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes.